Furnishing your home or workplace with wood furniture can indeed be a complicated task. Several factors, like your budget, expected usage, etc., determine the perfect option for you. Also, the process of using the wood that has been manufactured also determines the quality or level of the wooden furniture. If you wish to know in detail about wooden furniture, then this blog will definitely be of great help to you.
Types of Wood for Furniture
There are majorly two types of wooden materials – manufactured wood and solid wood. While solid wood comprises both softwoods and hardwoods, manufactured wood is the amalgamation of real wood and synthetic materials. Let’s discuss them!
Solid Wood is the direct product that is obtained from the tree. There are two variants of Solid Wood:
Softwood: These are less dense as compared to hardwoods. Evergreen as well as coniferous trees grow quite quickly and contribute towards softwoods. Some of the most common softwoods are Pine, Spruce, etc.
Hardwood: These are obtained from deciduous trees. The wood type is preferred to manufacture high-quality wood furniture like dressing table sets, beds, bedside tables, and so on.
The following hardwoods are the best woods for furniture:
Best Woods for Furniture
There are different types of wood for furniture, and one needs to be knowledgeable enough to gauge that which one will suit his or her purpose the most. Generally, woods that belong to the hardwood family are the perfect options for your wooden furniture.
Mahogany Wood Furniture: This wood has been the traditional choice for making wooden furniture like beds, bedside tables, bedroom sets, etc. Authentic quality mahogany can be expensive because they have to be exported.
Cedarwood Furniture: Cedar is weather-resistant and apt for outdoor furniture. Cedarwood is perfect for wardrobes and wood furniture almari.
Pinewood Furniture: This wood is apt for making cabinets, chests of drawers, etc.
Cherry Wood Furniture: Since the colour of the wood darkens with time, furniture made out of it looks opulent and plush. It is dent and scratch-resistant. Also, it is absolutely non-toxic.
Wood Furniture Manufacturing Processes
- Attaching veneer over a piece using glue in order to cover less desirable part of the wood.
- Putting into use laminates and engineered wood in place of solid wood.
- Manufacturing individual parts out of a wooden piece on an assembly line.
- Customisation is almost next to impossible in the case of wood manufacturing. Hence, the majority of the pieces look similar.
Hand-Made Furniture Making
Hand furniture making is more significant and beneficial because it reflects a certain level of craftsmanship. When a skilled artisan manufactures a piece of wood furniture with his own hand, his years of experience and knowledge gets reflected in his work. Craftsmen make wooden furniture with lots of vigilance, patience, and dedication. He keeps in mind the taste and expectations of his customer.
A premium quality hand-made furniture has the following attributes:
- Made out of solid hardwoods for furniture: Hand-made furniture like diwan cot furniture, wooden sofa for living room, etc., are made out of finest sourced solid woods. The finishing is of exemplary quality.
- Customised wood furniture: Simply explain your requirements or show them a picture. The skilled artisans will be able to come up with completely customised wooden furniture, which matches your dimension and styling requirements.
- Premium Craftsmanship: Hand-made furniture will always, unfalteringly, reflect the impeccable quality craftsmanship of the artisans.
Wooden furniture enhances the aesthetics of your property. It has to be chosen carefully so that it complements the interior decor at your place. The quality of wood always determines the beauty and elegance of your wood furniture. If you are confused about where to buy wooden furniture at the best rates, you can rely on Naayaab Interiors.